Teaching and Research Interests
Mr. Teegerstrom joined the Department faculty in 1997. His main
areas of concentration are production economics and risk management
education. In Arizona, much of his work is focused on the continued
development of the Arizona Vegetable Budgets, the Arizona Field
Crop Budgets, the Cost and Return Estimates for the state's livestock
industry, and the Arizona Farm Machinery cost estimates. He is
currently involved in a number of regional studies covering agricultural
labor and risk management. Mr. Teegerstrom is a member of the
Western Farm Management Extension Committee and is on the Advisory
Council for the Western Center for Risk Management Education.
Awards and Honors
Appointed Personnel of the Year Award for Excellence, CALS, University
Outstanding Extension Project Group Award, WAEA
Outstanding Service to the Western Center for Risk Management Education
Cooperative Extension Team Award, Colorado State University Cooperative
• Schuch U.K., Kelly J.J., and Teegerstrom T. “Capillary
Mats for Maintenance of Plants in the Retail Nursery,” HortTechnology 2008.
• Teegerstrom T., and Schuch U.K., “Managing Risk for
Nursery Producers-New Insurance to Add to Your Tool Box,” Southwest
Horticulture, page 11, 21.
• Schuch U. K., and Teegerstrom T. “Managing
Risk for Nursery Producers-Tools to Consider,” Arizona
Nursery Association, page 17, July/August 2006.
• Rosenberg, Howard, Ursula Schuch, and Trent Teegerstrom. “Chill
Out: Heat-stress Awareness Is the First Step to Worker Safety When
Temperatures Soar.” American Nurseryman, May 1, 2005.
• Teegerstrom, Trent. 2003–2004 Arizona Farm Machinery
Costs. Arizona Cooperative Extension Publication #AZ1351 (2004).
• Teegerstrom, T., W.A. Schurg, .K. Block, and M. Arns. Thinking
of Owning a Pleasure Horse? A Guide to the Care and Ownership of
Pleasure Horses in Arizona. Arizona Cooperative Extension Publication
• Tronstad, Russell, Trent Teegerstrom, and Dan Osgood. “The
Role of Electronic Technologies for Reaching Underserved Audiences." American
Journal of Agricultural Economics 86(August 2004):767–771.
• Tronstad, R., and T. Teegerstrom. “Economic Trade-Offs between
Sale Weight, Herd Size, Supplementation and Seasonal Factors.” The
Journal of Range Management 56(Sept 2003):425–431.
• Rosenberg, H.R., R. Carkner, J. Hewlett, L. Owen, T. Teegerstrom,
J.E. Tranel, and R.R. Weigel. Ag Help Wanted:
Guidelines for Managing Agricultural Labor. Western Farm Management Extension Committee
• Keister, Z.O., K.D. Moss, H.M. Zhang, T. Teegerstrom, R.A. Edling,
R J. Collier, and R.L. Ax. "Physiological Responses in Thermal
Stressed Jersey Cows Subject to Different Environmental Modifications." Journal
of Dairy Science 85(2002):3217–3224.
• Teegerstrom, Trent, John Palumbo, and Mohammed Zerkoune. "2001-2002
Arizona Vegetable Crop Budgets: Western Arizona." Arizona
Cooperative Extension Publication #AZ1263 (2001).
• Teegerstrom, Trent, Robert Call, and Rick Gibson. "2001-2002
Arizona Vegetable Crop Budgets: Southern Arizona." Arizona
Cooperative Extension Publication #AZ1262 (2001).
• Teegerstrom, Trent, and Kai Umeda. "2001-2002 Arizona Vegetable
Crop Budgets: Central Arizona." Arizona
Cooperative Extension Publication #AZ1261 (2001).