Healthy Landscapes – Part 2: Cultural Practices for a Healthy Landscape
We can save time, trouble, water and money by choosing appropriate plants for the soil and exposure we are working with. This class will focus on how to identify the plants that suit your site and your interests, as well as planting and maintenance practices that keep plants and soil healthy: This class focuses on:
- Choosing plants for soil, exposure, and other factors of a microclimate.
- Planting basics that help you reduce diseases and pests. Concepts include:
- Cover crops and rotation for homeowners.
- What does a plant family have to do with it?
- Fertilizing, pruning, and watering practices.
Category: · Tags:
Turf Irrigation Management
Guest Lectures SmartScape Residential