Academic preparation for admission
Completion of a four-year baccalaureate degree, or its equivalent from a non-U.S. institution, is necessary for enrollment in the graduate program. Applicants to our M.S. programs typically have completed coursework in:
- economics through both intermediate microeconomic and intermediate macroeconomic theory
- at least one course in statistics
- one course in calculus.
- Graduate College Online Application, see our program descriptions at the Grad College website for full details
- Priority deadline for application submission for Fall semesters is Feb. 1st each year. All applications are reviewed for funding opportunities in the form of Graduate Assistantships (GA), priority review for GA and admission will go to those completed applications submitted by the priority deadline each year, Feb. 1st.
- Unofficial Transcripts (Official translation in English, from previous institution), submitted through Graduate College Online Application. Official transcripts will be requested if we offer admission recommendation.
- Three Letters of Recommendation-submitted through Graduate College Online Application
- Statement of Purpose/Personal Statement-submitted through Graduate College Online Application
- 3.0 minimum undergraduate GPA on a 4.0 scale or 3.0 GPA within a minimum of 12 units of graduate level coursework.
- Official GRE Scores: 70th percentile or better in the quantitative portion is recommended. The institution code is 4832 for the University of Arizona and 0101 for the Department. Submitted officially from ETS. In the online application applicants may enter their scores, but official scores must be submitted by ETS to the University of Arizona.
- Official TOEFL Scores: Required for students from countries where the native language is not English. The institution code is 4832 for the University of Arizona and 99 for the Department. Submitted officially.
International students (of non-English speaking countries):
Minimum TOEFL (Paper-based) Score: 550
Minimum TOEFL (Internet-based) Score: 80
Minimum IELTS (overall band score): 7
Mailing address for international official transcripts:
Agricultural & Resource Economics
The University of Arizona
PO BOX 210078
Tucson, AZ. 85721-0078