- Landscape Installation & Maintenance
- Pest & Weed Control
- Property Management
- HOA/Neighborhood Associations
- Groundskeeping for Schools/Parks, Multi-family, Commercial, Municipal
- Students also welcome!
- Provide sound understanding of the art and science underlying conventional landscaping
- Foster best management practices for creating and maintaining healthy urban landscapes
- Educate participants regarding the need for water-conservation
- Encourage the use of water-efficient practices and technologies
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the Pima County SmartScape Program at 520-626-5161, Ext. 120. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.
Smartscape: A Training Program for Landscape Professionals™
Additional Professional Classes
Categories: Smartscape Training Series
Smartscape: A Training Program for Landscape Professionals™ consists of nine classes taught by University of Arizona faculty and local business professionals. They provide informative, research-based instruction designed to promote best landscape management practices for the urban Sonoran Desert. This FREE series is designed for landscape professionals who are responsible for the health and beauty of landscapes in their care. For example: Landscape Installation & Maintenance, Irrigation, Pest & Weed Control, Designers/Architects, Nursery, HOA/Neighborhood Association Representatives, Property Managers, Groundskeepers for Schools/Parks, Multi-Family, Commercial, and Municipal. Students are also welcome!
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays (9 days total)
Time: 3:30 p.m.* – 6:00 p.m.
*1st class begins at 3:00 for Orientation
Specific Class Schedule TBA