University of Arizona faculty and local business professionals provide informative, research-based instruction designed to promote best landscape management practices for the urban Sonoran Desert.
Workshops are for landscape professionals or representatives in areas such as:
- Landscape Installation & Maintenance
- Pest & Weed Control
- Property Management
- HOA/Neighborhood Associations
- Groundskeeping for Schools/Parks, Multi-family, Commercial, Municipal
- Students also welcome!
Program goals are to:
- Provide sound understanding of the art and science underlying conventional landscaping
- Foster best management practices for creating and maintaining healthy urban landscapes
- Educate participants regarding the need for water-conservation
- Encourage the use of water-efficient practices and technologies
Participation is FREE. Seating is limited. Registration is required.
For more information, please visit the individual class pages. You may also contact the Pima County SmartScape Program office at 520.626.5161, Ext. 120, or email email@example.com.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation, such as a sign language interpreter, by contacting the Pima County SmartScape Program at 520-626-5161, Ext. 120. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.